Brand name creation
The creation of a brand name is often the first step in the process of creating a brand. It’s the core of the verbal identity that can be created in different corporate contexts.
Brand name types
There is a differentiation between:
- corporate name
- business unit name
- product name or name for a product family / product line
Brand name criteria
The criteria that we adopt for name creation:
- good sounding in different languages
- registrable (brand and domain name).
Brand name strategy
There are different options in creating a new brand name:
- descriptive (describing the core business or what the company does)
- associative (evokes certain associations)
- imported from another language
- place or person
- created (no link whatsoever with the business).
Additional to the name creation, Lemento also creates baselines or slogans.